Demand Survey (DOT’S &IVS)
This project is designed to measure the size and characteristics of the tourism demand side represented by the movement of domestic tourism, departures and arrivals.
The project includes two main surveys:
- Inbound & Outbound Tourism Survey (DOT’S)
- International Visitors Survey (IVS)
The project aims to:
- Estimation of tourist traffic according to tourist patterns, for local tourism, departures and arrivals.
- Provide tourism demand side data which is the most important element in tourism industry.
- Measuring economic impact and the contribution of tourism to national output.
- Estimating numbers of tourists and their distribution around KSA.
- Enabling and providing partners with statistical information to raise and support the quality of decision making.
- Providing statistics on tourism in KSA according to the concepts and terminology of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- Determine the characteristics of the tourist trip in KSA, and the characteristics of the tourist.
- Estimate the expectations in the tourism movement
- Determining the volume of traffic and spending of tourists according to markets and destinations & estimating economic impact of tourism.